WineryMailingLists.com: Buy winery direct.
Follow @WineryMailLists on Twitter to keep updated on changes.
Last updated: June 24, 2013 - 1,181 wineries listed.
Buying winery direct advantages;
- First availability of wine.
- Support the winery directly.
- Wine is stored properly.
- Access to limited available wines.
- Invitations to wine dinners, access to winery grounds.
Some things to keep in mind while playing the mailing list game:
- Beginners should hold off getting on wine lists until you have enough confidence in your taste and know what you like and don't like.
- Just because you can buy 3 cases of that wine, doesn't mean you should. Against the advice of my wine friends I ordered 3 cases of St. Hallet Old Vine Shiraz early in my wine career. After case two I was tired of the wine.
- Wines that are sought after are easier to recoup your investment at a later date.
- Avoid the addiction of mailing lists.
- Shipping charges and sales taxes add up. Keep that in mind while budgeting.
- Favor wineries that offer discounts to mailing list members.
- Your taste for wines will change. Avoid stocking up on specific varieties until you convinced, over time, you enjoy the wines.
- Favor wines you can sell later if desired.
- If you want to stay on a list but don't want the wine, find someone who is willing to purchase the wines from you before you order.
- Realize you may have to buy lesser varietals to get the sought after wines (bundling).
- Make sure you have room for the wine to be stored in a properly controlled environment (temperature/vibration/dark).
- Being on a list means you are expected to purchase wine when offered.